New slogan launched today “Queensland, Where Australia Shines”
Queensland’s new slogan was launched today by the state’s Premier Anna Bligh. Gone are the days of “Where Else But Queensland” … now we will be referring to “Queensland, Where Australia Shines”. The new brand, which reportedly was 12 months in the making, has been described by Ms Bligh as capturing “the essence of Queensland – a beautiful Australian holiday destination, with unforgettable experiences and shining Queenslanders themselves”. To learn more about Tourism Queensland and the new brand, click here.
The two-year $4.16 million investment includes:
- a photo and film shoot of over 70 Queensland destinations which generated more than 500 new images and 32 hours of destination footage;
- a global social media campaign which will launch in coming weeks;
- industry and consumer consultation;
- new online and social media tools such as the updated Queensland Holidays website and Queensland Facebook page;
- the roll-out of the new brand platform through Tourism Queensland’s key international markets; and
- the development of regional marketing brands for Brisbane, Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast, Whitsundays and Tropical North Queensland in addition to the Queensland brand.
Admittedly, I didn’t totally shine to it at first, but upon discovering more about the brand and its impending roll out, I think it’s got legs. What are your thoughts?
Yours in (re)brandng,